Coronavirus (COVID-19) Admissions
In acknowledgement of the Coronavirus effect on Higher Education, the College of Nursing admissions office has instituted the following admissions standards/policies/requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- EVENTS: All in-person admissions events for the College of Nursing are virtual. This includes New Student Orientations, Information Sessions, Accepted Student Activities, Formation of Scholars and any other on-campus events.
- INTERVIEWS: Graduate program admission interviews will be conducted through ZOOM. You will receive more information about your interview through email.
- ADVISING APPOINTMENTS: All advising appointments will now take place virtually. You can request a Zoom appointment, phone appointment and email your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TEAS EXAM: Any Fall 2020 BSN applicant who is unable to register for TEAS testing due to test site cancellations is strongly encouraged to review the information below for alternative measures/options. If you have any additional questions, please contact the admissions office for further guidance.
Other Admission Requirement Changes:
- Prerequisites – Due to changing delivery formats at other colleges and universities, we will now accept prerequisites online, including online sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How old/outdated can my TEAS score be for fall 2021?
- TEAS scores from May 2020 – June 2021 will be accepted for the Prelicensure program beginning Fall 2021.
- ABSN Students should contact their enrollment advisor.
- Will you extend the summer transcript deadline for the traditional program?
- Currently all official transcripts are due August 2nd. If your school or college is unable or unsure about its ability to issue transcripts by this date due to the pandemic, we request that reach out to your counselor as soon as you are made aware.
- How will pass/no pass grading in Spring 2020 affect my admissions application?
- Prerequisites courses completed in spring and summer 2020 with Pass (P) or Credit (CR) grades will satisfy requirements.
- Does COVID-19 affect the timeline of my admission decision?
- Our admissions process continues to be a rolling admission decision process. At the this time, our counselors are reviewing as quickly as possible, but there is about a two week delay past our typical review process.
ADMISSIONS in COVID-19 (Spring 2021 and beyond)
- Traditional BSN- Applications will open for fall 2021 on: September 1, 2020
- RN-BSN- Applications are open year round for a fall, spring, and summer start
- ABSN- Applications are open year round for a fall, spring, and summer start
- Graduate Programs-Applications are open year round for a fall, spring, and summer start
- Traditional BSN for fall 2021- June 1, 2021
- RN-BSN- Spring 2021- December 1st, Summer 2021- May 1st, Fall 2021- July 15th
- ABSN- Spring 21- November 1, Summer 2021- March 26, Fall 2021- July 16th
- MSN- Spring 2021- December 1st, Summer 2021- May 1st, Fall 2021- July 15th
- DNP/PhD for fall 2021- March 1st for early decision, May 1st final deadline
- The minimum TEAS score is 76 composite. ATI Testing offers different ways to take the exam. Please review their options here.
- We will accept scores from May 2020- June 2021 for fall 2021 admission.
Due to changing delivery formats at other colleges and universities, we will now accept prerequisites online, including online sciences.
In the preventative practice of social distancing, the best way to reach us and receive a prompt response is through email or phone: NursingAdmissions@mercer.edu or 678-547-6700. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you leave a voicemail or send an email after 5:00 p.m., we will respond to you by the next business day.
Please know that we are here for you, and welcome any questions or concerns you may have. You are the future practitioners who will be helping and healing, and we will do everything we can to help you in your goals of becoming a nurse!