Doctor of Nursing Practice Admission
Admission Process - For DNP Applicants
PHASE 1 - Applicants must submit:
- Online application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee (check or money
- Curriculum vitae following specific guidelines. Request vitae requirements.
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice in a state or jurisdiction of the USA and eligible to apply for licensure in Georgia (a copy of the "pocket card) will be required.
- Evidence of certification of advanced practice where applicable.
- List of references/recommendations with contact information. The Reference Form should be submitted to the Admissions Office along with other admission materials. It is strongly suggested that references include a minimum of one nursing faculty member; the two remaining references should be from instructors, administrators, or managers who have evaluated the applicant’s professional practice. References are a very important part of the admission selection process.
- Submit official college transcript(s) [These should be sent from your original school to the Admissions Office address below)
- If applicable GRE/MAT
NOTE: Send all supportive documents to:
Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University
Attention: Admissions Office
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
IMPORTANT: The applicant is responsible for sending a print copy of vitae, license, certification, GRE/MATs, references, etc. All materials submitted become the property of the College and University and they will not be returned to the applicant.
Following review of the above materials, the applicant will be contacted by e-mail to submit a sample of scholarly writing. The online scholarly writing is reviewed by a selection committee which determines whether the applicant progresses to the next phase.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview date.
- An onsite writing sample is required at the time of interview.
- Verification of clinical hours from master’s degree program, and/or post-baccalaureate clinical and practice precepted hours. The Verification Form will be provided to the prospective D.N.P. student at the time of application.
- Applicants are typically notified regarding admission within three weeks from review of phase 2 materials.
Following admission, the accepted student must complete the following:
Submit a $200 nonrefundable deposit credited to the first semester of enrollment .
Complete enrollment procedures; students must follow and complete all areas on the checklist provided to accepted students by the Associate Dean's Office. This process includes completion of the criminal background and drug screen procedures 2-4 weeks prior to classes beginning fall semester. If enrolled in summer statistics, all checklist items need to be completed prior to the beginning of the summer session.