Tuition and Fees
Click here for Financial Aid information.
Please read if you are a Mercer-Macon campus student seeking to enter the Nursing program on the Atlanta campus: Mercer-Institutional Financial Support received by Mercer-Macon students prior to beginning nursing coursework is not continued when entering the nursing program. Nursing college faculty members make decisions regarding competitive academic scholarships. Outside non-Mercer scholarships/loans may continue; however, students are encouraged to check sources of funding. Please contact a Mercer Financial Aid staff member for questions. Students are strongly encouraged to seek outside scholarship and loan opportunities.
For 2021-2022 – review the Catalog, pp. 51-52
- Traditional pre-licensure students: $12,785 per semester or $25,570 annual for 12 to 19 semester hours.
Enrollment in fewer than 12 semester hours or more than 19 semester hours will be prorated by semester hour at $1,065 per semester credit hour.
- RN-BSN students (licensed RNs): $361 per semester credit hour.
- Second Degree Accelerated BSN (ABSN) tuition:
- ABSN Tuition cost (for 3 semesters; 56-credit hour):
- Students beginning Fall Semester 2022 and after: $59,694
- Students beginning Summer Semester 2022 or prior $56,844.99
- ABSN nursing fees and university fee: $2805*
*Additional ABSN costs may include: application fee, health insurance, books, uniform, transportation, etc. These are not included in the above tuition cost or nursing/university fees. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): $10,430 for 9 to 14 semester hours.
Enrollment in fewer than 9 semester hours or more than 14 semester hours will be at a rate of $1,159 per semester hour.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): $7,416 per semester for 6 or more semester hours.
Enrollment in fewer than 6 semester hours will be at a rate of $1,236per semester hour.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): $11,011 per semester for 9 to 10 semester hours.
Enrollment in fewer than 9 semester hours or more than 10 semester hours will be at a rate of $1,224 per semester hour.
- Certificate programs: $1,125 per semester hour.
Note: Federal aid is not offered for certificate programs.
Nursing Fees for Traditional BSN and Graduate Degrees
[Second Degree Pre-licensure Accelerated BSN tuition and fees.]
All fees are non-refundable unless otherwise noted.
- Application fee: $50.
- Reservation deposit: $200 non-refundable, applicable to tuition.
- Liability insurance: $25 per year (charged to students in spring semester).
- Activities and events fee: $230 per semester.
- Lab/course fees:
- $100 for NUR 313, NUR 317, NUR 408, NUR 622, NUR 624, NUR 652, NUR 656, NUR 663, NUR 667, NUR 751, NUR 761, NUR 771, DNP 763, DNP 765.
- $50 for NUR 404, NUR 405, NUR 407, NUR 628
- $75 for NUR 623, NUR 655, NUR 664, DNP 764.
- $100 for NUR 765.
- $150 for NUR 602.
- Shadow Health: $99 NURN 305
- Purchase of a lab Nurse Pak: Prices vary. Required for select courses (NUR 313, NUR 317, NUR 602); information is available from course instructors for NUR 313, 317 and 602.
- Nursing Central Software fee: $160 upon initial enrollment into NUR 313, NURN 301.
- Exam Soft Testing fee: $27 NUR 315, NUR 317, NUR 405, NUR 408, NUR 603, NUR 643, NUR 653 NUR 661, DNP 760, DNP 761.
- Exam Monitor/ID:
- $43 NUR 641, 653, 634, 607.
- $51 NUR 631, 668, DNP 766.
- $59 NUR 660, NUR 661, DNP 760, DNP 761, DNP 766.
- ATI standardized testing fee:
- Fall Semester: $240 for NUR 313, $180 for NUR 408.
- Spring Semester: $155 for NUR 317, $150 for NUR 404.
- Re-entry students are assessed for ATI on re-entry.
- CERT Prep fee: $500 for NUR 644 and DNP 765.
- Credentialing Fee:
- $49 for NUR 405.
- $50 for NUR 313, 317, 408.
- $25 for all MSN students each semester enrolled.
- $25 for all DNP students each semester enrolled.
- $50 for NURN 402.
- Make-up examinations: $25 per examination.
- HURST Review (NCLEX-RN Prep): $325 for NUR 404.
- Re-enrollment fee: $50, charged to all students who are entering a course for a second time.
Miscellaneous University Fees
- Facilities and technology fee (determined by university)
- $150 per semester if enrolled in 12 semester hours or more.
- $12.50 per credit hour if enrolled in 11 semester hours or less.
- $150 per semester if enrolled in 9 semester hours or more.
- $17 per credit hour if enrolled in 8 semester hours or less.
- Audit: See associate dean of program for approval of audit; regular tuition rate applies.
- ProQuest: Cost for dissertation determined by ProQuest.
- Late registration: $50.
- Late payment fee: $50.
- Registration reinstatement fee: $50, charged to students who were dropped for non-payment and must re-register.
- Payment plan fee: $50.
- Transcript-related fees: No charge for two- to five-day service.
- $25 for transcript on demand (immediate service; fee determined by Registrar).
- $5 for document faxing fee.
- Returned check fee: $50 or 1% of the face value of the check, whichever is greater. Fees for returned checks must be paid by cash, cashier’s check or money order. After two returned checks, students are placed on a cash-only basis with the University.
- Additional costs: There are additional costs for students in all programs, such as CPR certification, Education Screening Services (ESS) and criminal background check. These fees are not on a Mercer University billing statement but will be required to be completed by the student. Graduate students also have additional fees associated with UMI Microfilm publication. For a complete listing of fees, view the most recent Catalog.
Prices include all utilities, basic cable, local telephone service, internet access through the University and apartment furnishings. Visit the Atlanta Campus University Housing website for the latest information.
Changes to information: While every effort is made to provide accurate and timely information, the College cannot and does not guarantee or warranty that the information contained herein is correct, complete, or up-to-date. The College reserves the right to make appropriate changes in any information, to include procedures, policies, calendars, requirements, programs, courses and fees, without notice. We encourage readers to contact the College by telephone or in person to obtain the most current information.
Method of payment: Tuition, special fees, housing and other assessments may be paid by cash, check or money order (made payable to Mercer University). The University also accepts online payments by E-check or credit card. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover payments will be assessed a small convenience fee. Online payments can be remitted through MyMercer. Check your student portal for more information.