Pre-nursing on the Macon Campus
The pre-nursing curriculum is offered by the College of Liberal Arts on the Mercer University Campus in Macon. Students interested in completing pre-nursing coursework should submit an application to the College of Liberal Arts, and indicate "pre-nursing" on the application. A pre-nursing student submits an application to nursing (in addition to the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score) during the second year of the pre-nursing curriculum. The GBCN application fee is waived for Mercer University students.
Nursing courses are only offered on the Cecil B. Day campus in Atlanta.
Are you interested, but you have questions? We thought you might! Find out answers to your questions.
Students who complete the necessary prerequisites at Mercer University's main campus in Macon and who have achieve the following:
- Minimum GPA requirements by the end of fall semester of their sophomore year; and
- Minimum required TEAS score established for admission are Guaranteed Admission Program in the following fall semester class.
- A 3.0 science grade point average AND a 3.0 average cumulative grade point average
- Meet TEAS requirement (formerly referred to as the NET test). All pre-nursing course requirements (57 hours) must have been taken at Mercer University, with the exception of AP/IB credits and/or limited transient courses
- January 15, 2014 application deadline for fall 2014 entry on the Atlanta campus; unlimited seats available.
If you are a high school student and you would like to attend the nursing program in Macon, strong consideration should be given towards enrolling in coursework on the Mercer-Macon campus as a freshmen pre-nursing student. The Atlanta nursing admission class includes primarily transfer students.
Interested in enrolling in the Fall 2014 freshman pre-nursing class, which will provide you with the opportunity to be considered for guaranteed admission to enter nursing courses in Fall 2017? Contact Undergraduate Admissions on the main campus in Macon at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (478) 301-2650 or 1-800-840-8577.
The College compiled a listing of frequently asked questions regarding the Mercer-Macon nursing courses. Click here to view answers to commonly asked questions.