Undergraduate Nursing Admission
Selective Admission Criteria
Admission standards are high because the College is committed to providing students with the highest quality nursing education. Selective admissions criteria ensure that admitted students are academically prepared and ready to begin a career in nursing. However, all students are evaluated holistically; all information submitted is evaluated personally by an Admissions Advisor. Students interested in applying to the nursing program should follow the process below.
- Submit a Georgia Baptist College of Nursing undergraduate application by either applying online OR by downloading an application.Apply Now
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order).
- Submit an essay letting us know your reasons for pursuing the profession of nursing as well as enrollment into our College of Nursing.
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and submit scores prior to application deadline.
- Submit official college transcripts*.
*College transfer students should provide transcripts from all colleges attended. Admission is based on overall academic performance, successful completion of general education courses required for our degree, and science grades. Prerequisites are subject to change, and other general education courses not listed below, may also transfer.
The College of Nursing is accepting applications for the new RN-BSN program offered in an asynchronous online format for Fall 2015. The program includes a three semester sequence for full-time students and five semester sequence for part-time students. Applicants may be admitted for Fall 2015 (August), Spring 2016 (January) or Summer 2016 (May).
1. Download, print, and mail the RN-BSN Application.
2. Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order) submitted to Nursing Admissions, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341.
3. Submit an essay, as described in the application.
4. Submit a copy of your current professional nursing licensure card; the pocket card is available at:
5. Request two professional references be sent to Admissions.
6. Submit official transcripts from every college attended.
Undergraduate pre-licensure: students are encouraged to apply early; the College utilizes rolling admissions and may be able to make an admissions decision prior to May.
Prelicensure application deadlines (Fall Semester admission only):
- April 1 for priority deadline and international student deadline
- May 1 final deadline for students who are not international students (space available)
RN-BSN (licensed professional RNs; multiple entry semesters):
Fall Semester Admission
All application materials must be received in Admissions by the deadline date.
- June 1, priority deadline; international student deadline
- July 15, final deadline
Spring Semester Admission
- November 1, priority deadline; international student deadline
- December 1, final deadline
Summer Semester Admission
- March 1, priority deadline; international student deadline
- April 1, final deadline
- Only official transcripts are evaluated for transfer credit.
- General education courses with a grade of "C" or better from a regionally accredited college or university may be considered for transfer credit provided they meet degree requirements in the College's curriculum.
- Courses may be considered for credit, regardless of age of the course. However the age of the coursework is a factor in the admission decision.
- Science courses completed more than five (5) years ago may require validation by faculty before credit can be granted (for prelicensure applicants).
- An applicant desiring to transfer from another nursing program into the Mercer nursing program can possibly receive credit for nursing electives only (2 semester hours) provided a "B" grade or higher was earned.
Pre-nursing at the Macon Campus
High School students interested in nursing are strongly encouraged to complete their freshman and sophomore years at Mercer University's traditional undergraduate campus in Macon. Pre-nursing is offered on the Macon Campus; students interested in completing core classes at the Macon campus may submit an application for admission to Georgia Baptist College of Nursing (no fee required for Mercer University students in pre-nursing), along with Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) scores, to be considered for admission to the nursing sequence. All documents must be submitted by the admission deadline.
Once a student is accepted for admission to Georgia Baptist College of Nursing, students must submit a non-refundable reservation deposit of $200 to reserve a place in the class and complete all enrollment procedures.