Doctor of Nursing Practice Admission
Admission Process - For DNP Applicants
PHASE 1 - Applicants must submit:
- Online application with $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcript from all Colleges/Universities attended. Curriculum vitae following specific guidelines. Request vitae requirements.
- Documentation of admission requirements:
- Evidence of certification of advanced practice where applicable.
- List of references/recommendations with contact information. The Reference Form should be submitted to the Admissions Office along with other admission materials. It is strongly suggested that references include a minimum of one nursing faculty member; the two remaining references should be from instructors, administrators, or managers who have evaluated the applicant’s professional practice. References are a very important part of the admission selection process.
- Submit official college transcript(s) [These should be sent from your original school to the Admissions Office address below)
NOTE: Send all supportive documents to:
Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University
Attention: Admissions Office
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
IMPORTANT: All materials submitted become the property of the College and University and they will not be returned to the applicant.
The Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and the selection committee reviews all materials submitted to determine whether the applicant progresses to the next phase. The Graduate Programs Committee may be consulted in the decision process.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview date.
- An onsite writing sample is required at the time of interview.
- Verification of clinical hours from master’s degree program, and/or post-baccalaureate clinical and practice precepted hours. The Verification Form will be provided to the prospective D.N.P. student at the time of application.
- Applicants are typically notified regarding admission within three weeks from review of phase 2 materials.
Following admission, the accepted student must complete the following:
Submit a $200 nonrefundable deposit credited to the first semester of enrollment .
Complete enrollment procedures; students must follow and complete all areas on the checklist provided to accepted students by the Associate Dean's Office. This process includes completion of the criminal background and drug screen procedures 2-4 weeks prior to classes beginning fall semester. If enrolled in summer statistics, all checklist items need to be completed prior to the beginning of the summer session.