Alumni Day Registration
2017 Alumni Day Morning Program
"The Right Balance: Technology and Patient Care"
LOCATION: Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University (Atlanta Campus). CLICK HERE for a campus map. The nursing building is #5 on the map.
For turn by turn directions to the campus, click here!
7:45am - 8:30am Registration and morning refreshments, Room 137 College of Nursing
8:30am - 8:45am Welcome and Introductions, Room 320
8:45am - 9:45am Informatics and Nursing: Opportunities and Challenges. Speaker: Jeanne Penny Sewell, MSN, RN-BC
Jeanne Sewell is Associate Professor and Interim Director, Teaching and Learning, Georgia College. Professor Sewell co-authored: Informatics and Nursing 3rd & 4th editions with Linda Thede. She is the Editor of the MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Education) Health Sciences Editorial Board.
9:45am - 10:00am Break
10:00am - 11:00am Innovative Technology in Modern Healthcare. Speakers from Kaiser Permanente:
Kevin Hand, Business Innovation Analyst
Chris Strosnider, Sr., Director of Technology Innovation
Betty Wong, RN
11:10am - 11:30am Panel discussion/Question and Answer
11:30am - 11:45am Summary comments, Evaluations, Adjourn
Lunch will follow the morning program. The luncheon will be held in the Sheffield Student Center (Gymnasium), which is #10 on the map. MAP: CLICK HERE
Sharon Cox '66 and Annie Laurie McElroy '66
Additional Highlights to Alumni Day
- Additions to our Giving Tree and recognition of the importance of our alumni and friends
- A time of fun and fellowship with fellow alumni and current faculty
- Recognition of the graduating class of 1966 and their induction into the Half Century Club of Mercer University
- Individual class reunions as scheduled by class representatives
Annual Awards Luncheon Features
- University Greetings
- State of the College Address
- Distinguished Alumnus Award Presentation
- Edna Earle Teal Award Presentation
- Hall of Honor Inductions
- Alumni Board of Directors Election of Officers
- In Memoriam Recognition